Consultation period and ways of collecting opinions
1. Consultation period
2. Ways of collecting opinions
3. Commencement and revision dates of Code of Practice and related practice guidelines
(a)Code of Practice for Registered Social Workers
(b) Guidelines on Code of Practice for Registered Social Workers
4. Implementation of the revision exercise by the Taskforce on Review of Code of Practice
(a) conducted 25 meetings from February 2017 to March 2019
(b) made reference to unnamed complaint cases against RSWs from 2013 to 2016
(c) made reference to related code of practice from overseas social work organizations (USA, UK, Australia, Canada and Taiwan)
5. Follow-up and conduct consultation by the Committee on Professional Conduct
(a) A total of 8 meetings were held from March 2019 to May 2020, reviewed and edited the Chinese and English version drafted by the taskforce.
(b) The Proposed Revision was endorsed by the Full Board meeting held in May 2020
6. Combining the code of practice and the guidelines into one document not only makes it easier to read, but also promotes the guidelines from a reference document to a document that needs to be gazetted.
7. Adding 3 new sections in the content structure
(a)Section 2: Purposes, Content, Functions and Usage
(b)Section 4: Ethical Practice and Decision Making
(c)Section 6: Glossary
8. Regarding the section 5: Principles and Practice - rearranging the order of some principles, standards and rules, and explained, updated or deleted them according to their importance.