Skip to Content
- A social work degree awarded in Canada that is accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE) (formerly known as Canadian Association of Schools of Social Work) is, in principle, recognized by the Social Workers Registration Board for registration.
- Qualification that is led by a distance education or an off-shore programme is excluded. The Board will consider on an individual basis an application for registration filed by a holder of a social work degree that is led by a distance education programme or an off-shore programme, notwithstanding that the qualification is accredited by the CASWE.
- Details of the social work degrees which are currently accredited by CASWE are available from:
- For details of any social work qualifications formerly accredited by CASWE, please contact them direct for assistance.
- CASWE may from time to time review its accreditation criteria and revise its list of recognized qualifications. Before pursuing social work studies in Canada should verify with the CASWE and the tertiary institution concerned whether the social work qualification to be pursued would be accredited at the year of graduation.
- In any circumstances, the Board reserves the right as to whether to recognize the qualifications accredited by CASWE for registration.