Renewal of Registration
[ Fee ] [ IMPORTANT NOTE ]
1. Why to apply?
1.1 The RSW is at liberty to apply or not.
1.2 If the RSW fails to renew the registration, his/her may be removed from the Register after the expiry date. Upon such removal:-
2. How to apply?
2.1 You must apply by submitting BOTH the completed renewal form specified by the Board AND the renewal fee currently at HK$400.
2.2 The specified form:-
2.3 The fee can be paid by/via:-
3. Where to submit?
3.1 Please send to:
(1) Online Registration System;
(2) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (form only);
(3) By fax: 2591 1411) (form only); or
(4) By post or by hand to 27/F, Eastern Commercial Centre, 83 Nam On Street, Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong.
3.2 It is the onus on you to ensure no delay or omission caused by errors in postal delivery, email or fax transmission; documentary proof showing the due receipt by the Board office of both form and fee before the prescribed deadline will be required to prove your case when in dispute.
4. When to submit?
4.1 The submission shall reach the Board Office within the renewal window as specified in the reminder letter (please allow 1-2 extra work days if submission is by post).
4.2 If the RSW does not apply for renewal registration within the renewal window (not earlier than 3 months and not later than 28 days prior to the expiry of the current registration), the Board may extend the time for renewal of registration at its own discretion.
5. What's next
5.1 In normal circumstances, the Board would complete the processing and approval of application in about 10 working days after receiving the form and application fee. And the followings will be sent to the RSW's registered address by ordinary post:-
(1) The new registration card;
(2) Receipt as evidence of settlement of the renewal fee.
5.2 If no application is submitted within the renewal window:-
(1) The Board will send to the RSW next work day after the renewal window by registered post a notice of intention to remove the RSW's name from the Register as required under section 22(4) of the Ordinance; and
(2) Provided that the applicant has supplied his/her email address and mobile phone number to the Board, 14 days before the expiry, we will send him/her a courtesy email or SMS reminder.